WHETHER YOU ARE NEW TO YOGA OR NEW TO OUR STUDIO, IT'S LIKELY YOU'LL HAVE SOME QUESTIONS. WE'VE DONE OUR BEST TO ANSWER SOME OF THEM HERE...
- DO YOU HAVE SHOWERS? Are available for your use in our purpose built changing rooms.
- TOWEL HIRE? You'll need a towel in Hot Yoga classes. It's up to you whether you BYO or rent one at the studio for $2.
- DO I NEED TO BRING MY OWN YOGA MAT? Are provided as a complimentary part of the service, so there's no need to bring your own.
- WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? Feel free to wear whatever you feel most comfortable moving in. Light and stretchy clothing is recommended. Women usually wear shorts or leggings with a top and men wear shorts with or without a t-shirt. Be comfortable, expect to sweat, and make sure you are free to move, it's most definitely not a fashion show ;)
- DO I NEED TO BOOK ONLINE? The choice is yours. We have the facility to book classes online, however at present, it's not necessary for every class. We encourage you to arrive at least 15 minutes before the class is due to start if you haven't booked, and at least 5 minutes early even if you have. We have to lock our doors for security whilst the class is on, and so if you're arriving late it's likely you'll miss out.
- WHAT SHOULD I EAT OR DRINK BEFORE ATTENDING A HOT YOGA CLASS? The recommended choice is to not eat any large meals up to 2 hours before practicing Yoga. Re-fuelling your body after the class is a much better way to go. If you're practicing Hot Yoga especially we encourage you to drink plenty of water up to 15 minutes before the class, and again straight after any Yoga practice. Drinking during the practice might make you feel more comfortable, but won't necessarily benefit your experience.
- I'M NEW - WHAT CLASS SHOULD I ATTEND FIRST? We offer a range of styles of Yoga at the studio, and understand that in the beginning it can seem rather daunting. In reading through our class descriptions you should get a vague idea as to what to expect in each class, and ultimately it's up to you! We invite every level of practitioner into every class at Yoga Corner, but encourage complete beginners to start off with either a Hot Yoga Basics class for a more dynamic practice of Yoga designed for 'beginners', or a Yin Yoga class for a more meditative style of class that moves nice and slow, giving lots of time for personal attention.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON AT THE STUDIO, AND OF COURSE IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US EITHER VIA EMAIL OR PHONE (DETAILS BELOW).